Recall Issued On Children’s Cough Syrups Due To Health Risk From Mould
The government agency MHRA has issued an VERY urgent recall on several different brands of children’s cough syrup.
Own brand manufactured cough syrup includes the stores Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Superdrug, Poundstretcher and Sainsbury’s. To search a full list of products affected click on the link below.
If you have one of these products you are highly advised not to use it, and return it to the relevant store for a refund.
• Click here for full information from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
Children’s Cough Syrup Products that have been Affected:
- • Asda Children’s Dry Cough Syrup Glycerol Blackcurrant Flavour;
- • Bell’s Healthcare Children’s Dry Cough Glycerin 0.75g/5ml Syrup;
- • Morrisons Children’s Dry Tickly Cough Glycerin 0.75g/5ml Oral Solution;
- • Numark Children’s Dry Cough 0.75 g/5 ml Oral Solution;
- • Sainsbury’s Children’s Dry Cough 0.75g/5ml Syrup
- • Superdrug Children’s Dry Tickly Cough Glycerin 0.75 g/5 ml Oral Solution
- Tesco Children’s Dry Cough Syrup
- Wilko Tickly Cough 0.75g/5ml Oral Solution
The mould is not always visible, so return any of the affected cough syrup bottles, even if it looks okay to use.
If your child has recently taken one of these cough syrups, and have become unwell. Please speak to your GP, pharmacist or other healthcare professional.